Blog Reveal + Williams-Sonoma Giveaway!
Merry Christmas Eve!
Yes, it’s me, Natalie. We’re still unpacking and swimming in boxes, but we love our new place! My appetite has also returned (hallelujah) so it seems everything is back to normal.
Oh yeah, and a little thing called a BLOG REDESIGN. (If you’re reading this in a feed reader, you may want to click over for this…)
I know! I can barely recognize my own blog! You know how when you get an amazing haircut and you can’t quit looking at yourself in the mirror? That’s kind of how I feel right now. Eyes glued to the computer screen.
Aside from the spiffy layout, there are a few new features that will make everyone (especially me) happier.
1. Simple commenting. No need to have a Google/Blogger account to leave a comment! And it’ll make giveaways much easier since I’ll have everyone’s contact info.
2. The Visual Index. I was pretty excited about this one. It may look not-so-visual right now, but as soon as I’m finished with all of the tedious uploading, every recipe in the index will have a thumbnail image. Hooray!
3. Magazine format. On the front page you’ll notice that there are short “snippets” of several posts after the current one. I love this because you don’t have to scroll all the way down the page to see what’s new. It’s right there. Oh, and those thumbnails will show up shortly (see #2).
4. Easy (and pretty) Recipe Printing. I think I was doing a pretty good job of making recipes easy to print, but now they have a snazzy print button. Still working out some kinks with that.
5. One-Stop Networking. See that bright pink box on the right-hand side? Everything you need to connect with Perry’s Plate is right there. Receive email updates, RSS feed updates, or follow on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google +! Basically everything but my home address, right? But if you happen to be in the Reno/Tahoe area and want to meet for lunch, I may even give you that.
Just like in years past, I’ll be giving away some magazine subscriptions! I waited (not so) patiently until my blog was finished because what better way to celebrate a makeover than with free stuff?
Three of you will have your choice of Bon Appetit or Food Network Magazine for a whole year.
Already subscribe to those? Send your winnings to someone else!
The entries for last year’s mag subscription giveaway were so touching that I want to do the same thing this year. Just leave a comment and answer this question for me:
What are you grateful for?
A few little details…
1. Comments will close on Friday, December 30, 2011 at 8PM PST. I’ll use a random number generator to choose FOUR winners that I will contact and announce here on the 31st. If I don’t get a response from the winners after three days I’ll pick new ones.
3. Contest open to US and Canadian residents only.
4. Leave a valid email address for me to contact you. This should be easy now, right?
I’ll be back with an actual recipe soon (gasp). Enjoy the new site, and let me know if you run into any kinks!