Marinated Grilled Zucchini
Every year when zucchini is ripe and abundant I get all excited want to make grilled zucchini every night for dinner and make Paleo Zucchini Flatbread, Gingerbread Zucchini Pancakes, Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Broccoli & Bacon, and Italian Paleo Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage.
And then I remember that my kids hate zucchini. *sob*
I can get away with making those gingerbread pancakes because they’ll eat pretty much anything if it’s cooked into a pancake.
Grilled zucchini is one of my favorites though — especially this version with the herb-y vinaigrette that gets poured over it while the zucchini is still hot from the grill.
This recipe is great if you have a flexible time table, too since it’s equally as good at room temperature.
- 3 or 4 medium-sized zucchini, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar of your choice (red wine & balsamic are my favorites)
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced herbs (mint, rosemary, thyme, basil, etc.)
- pinch of Kosher salt & black pepper
- Preheat a BBQ grill or stove-top grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini slices to hot grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until nice grill marks form and zucchini is tender, but not mushy.
- Place grilled zucchini on a platter and top with remaining ingredients. Mix to ensure everything is coated (using your hands works best) and it's best if it sits for about an hour before serving.