Crispy Sweet Potato Chips
Well, hey there. I thought you might like some sweet potato chips. Do you know what the secret is to getting them crispy?
Even slicing is huge. If you have a mandoline slicer, NOW is the time to use it. Seriously. A slicing blade on a food processor would work, too, but I’m not sure it would slice them this thin. This is a newer version of the mandoline I have. I love it!
The other secret is even baking, which helps if the potatoes are sliced evenly. Sometimes those little guys get pretty dark though. You’ll want them golden or darkish brown on the edges, but not black.
It’s fine line though. One minute they’ll be chewy and the next minute they’ll be burned. You can always take out the finished, smaller ones and leave the larger slices in there.
Or to slice up more potatoes, because I promise these will be gone in a jiffy.
I found another fun way too cook sweet potatoes that I’m dying to try. (HUGE salt & vinegar fan here!) These Salt & Vinegar Smashed Sweet Potatoes from Allergylicious sound amazing!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Avocado or coconut oil nonstick spray
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with nonstick spray.
- Slice the sweet potatoes very thinly, about 1/16th thickness. I highly recommend using a mandoline slicer for even slicing so they cook more evenly.
- Lay the potato slices on the prepared baking sheets in an even layer.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through cooking. Watch them closely because they'll burn quickly. You'll want them golden brown around the edges with a few spots in the center.
- Let them cool off for a while and put them in a serving dish.