Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Salsa
Because there isn’t enough grilled pineapple recipes around here, I made another one. Another salsa recipe, even.
I was in the mood for Grilled Pineapple Salsa, but tomatoes are still rather sad in the spring, so I made a version without tomatoes and threw the jalapenos on the grill, too. Pineapple and jalapeno are such a great combination — one of my favorites!
LOVE THIS SALSA. Seriously in love with this.
The biggest reason I made this was to put it on my fish taco bowls.
And wow. Honestly, I don’t think I’d make these Chile-Lime Fish Taco Bowls without this salsa. Or at least grilled pineapple. Or maybe even just grilled pineapple and jalapeno.
I might as well just make the salsa, huh?
This salsa would also be great on the Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad from Sheena at Noshtastic!
Grilled Pineapple & Jalapeno Salsa
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 of a fresh pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 2-3 jalapenos
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lime
- sea salt
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the core out of the pineapple and slice it into long strips. Drizzle the strips with a little avocado oil.
- Place the pineapple strips and whole jalapenos on the grill. Grill for several minutes, turning them a couple of times until dark grill marks form on the pineapple and the jalapeno skin is blistered and dark.
- Transfer the pineapple to a cutting board and let it cool. Wrap the jalapenos tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap for a few minutes. This allows them to steam and the peels will come off more easily.
- Chop the pineapple and place it in a medium size bowl. Peel most of the blistered skin off the jalapenos, cut off the stems, and chop them, removing the seeds if necessary.
- Add the chopped jalapenos to the bowl with the pineapple. Add the onion, cilantro, garlic, juice from 1/2 of the lime, and a generous pinch of sea salt. Taste, and add additional lime and salt, if needed.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill.