I tossed these quick smoked salmon tacos together for lunch one day and lunchtime was never the same. They’re so easy with a smear of cream cheese, some pre-shredded lettuce and a sprinkle of Everything seasoning!
Can I be honest? Lunch is not my favorite. It’s more like an unwelcome interruption in my day, and if I don’t have dinner leftovers, I’m always unsure what to make.
I know I’m not alone in feeling this way! These quick salmon tacos are a great solution!
Is there an official definition of a taco? I’m not saying these are authentic anything, but can I call them tacos if they have no semblance of Mexican flavors?
Call them tacos or wraps or whatever you like. But, please make them soon.
Ingredients for Quick Smoked Salmon Tacos
You only need 5-6 things:
- Hot smoked salmon (Cured salmon or gravlax works, too!)
- Small tortillas — I like the almond flour Siete brand tortillas at Costco
- Some kind of smear, like cream cheese or herb cheese spread like Boursin
- Shredded cabbage
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Lemon — optional, but I like to dress up that lettuce a bit and brighten the flavors
Hot smoked salmon or gravlax?
You can use either here! You can find hot smoked salmon or cured salmon/gravlax at most grocery stores.
If you want to smoke your own salmon I’ve got a recipe for you: How to Smoke Salmon on Your Pellet Grill
What kind of cream cheese spread to use?
I’ve used plain cream cheese, herb cream cheese spread (like Boursin), and a dairy-free cream cheese spread I found at Trader Joe’s.
Anything along those lines would be good. Or even a mashed avocado — something to give it a bit of creaminess.
Gluten-Free Salmon tacos
You can easily make these tacos gluten-free by using a gluten-free tortilla.
I like the almond flour ones made by Siete (they’re also grain-free and best warmed up!), but you could use gluten-free corn tortillas if you like.
Turn these into flatbread wraps!
If you wanted an alternative, you could make my Paleo Zucchini Flatbread and wrap them in that! That would be delicious, actually, now that I think about it. And make some Gluten-Free Flatbread Sandwich Wraps with the filling ingredients!
These are so fast and easy!
If you make this recipe, be sure to post it to social media and tag me at @perrysplate or #perrysplate so I can send you some love!
- 8 small tortillas
- 1 6-8 ounce package of smoked salmon (hot or cold)
- 2-3 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup herb cream cheese spread (like Boursin)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on a skillet.
- Break up the salmon with a fork.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the shredded cabbage and add a pinch of salt. Toss together with your hands.
- Assemble the tacos by smearing about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese spread in each tortilla. Add a couple forkfuls of salmon and some cabbage slaw on top.
- Sprinkle with some Everything Bagel Seasoning and serve.
- I like using the Siete almond flour tortillas. We find them at Costco, but they're popping up in more grocery stores lately. You can use any tortilla you like.
- Boursin herb cheese spread is delicious with these. I found some dairy-free Boursin at Trader Joe's which I like using.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning is easy to find these days in the US. If you have trouble tracking some down you can make your own using my Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe or sprinkle your favorite herby seasoning on top.
- I like using hot smoked salmon in these, but you can use cold, traditional smoked salmon if you like.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 440Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 41mgSodium 3833mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 39g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.