How to Make Chocolate Bark + Blackberry Bacon Bark Bites
Chocolate bark is a fantastic thing, guys.
I love it because it’s QUICK, EASY, and you don’t even need a formal recipe.
You can put ALLLL kinds of things on bark, too. And use different types of chocolate.
You can make a whole sheet pan or make little bark bites like these Blackberry Bark Bites I made last year. Remember them? I posted them on my Instagram when I was working with Lily’s Chocolate, but they didn’t have a home on my site until now.
You can find that recipe below! (Psst… it’s even keto/low-carb friendly if you use Stevia-sweetened chocolate like Lily’s!)
You should have seen the look on the kids’ faces when all of these toppings were on the counter. It was like Christmas. Ha.
As for this recipe — bacon + blackberries might seem like a weird combination. Especially with chocolate.
Here was my thought process:
Fact: Chocolate covered bacon is tasty.
Fact: Chocolate covered blackberries is tasty.
Fact: This Bacon, Blackberry, and Egg Salad is tasty.
Therefore: Chocolate + bacon + blackberries should be tasty.
And it is.
- 1 12-ounce bag of chocolate chips or chocolate melts
- 4-5 slices of bacon, cooked and crispy
- 12-14 fresh blackberries
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 30-40 second increments, stirring in between each round, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Put spoonfuls of chocolate on the parchment in rounds.
- Put a blackberry and a small piece of bacon into each chocolate round.
- Put the pan in a cool place until the chocolate firms up.
- Remove the rounds and store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.