Balsamic Chicken Pasta with Fresh Cheese

It’s either feast or famine around here lately. (Ha. One of the few times that could be taken literally!)

Yes, another quick pasta dish. I’m a sucker for those. This one’s got a dressing instead of a sauce, which makes it light. And I modified the dressing (and the name) by using balsamic vinegar instead of red wine vinegar. I also put the chicken, sprinkled with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, under the broiler while everything else was being prepared. And I used fresh basil from my garden. I get such a kick out of that.

This dish was heavenly. Sophie liked it too, and she’s becoming my toughest critic lately.

Balsamic Chicken Pasta with Fresh Cheese
adapted from Cooking Pleasures magazine, June/July 07

2 T balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 T extra virgin olive oil
1 c fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
2 c shredded cooked chicken
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 c small fresh mozzarella balls, halved or cubed mozzarella (3/4 inch)
1/2 c crumbled soft goat cheese
8 oz linguine

Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Saute bell pepper in a small skillet over medium heat until limp, about 10-12 minutes.

Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl; slowly whisk in oil. Stir in 1/2 c basil.

Place pasta, chicken, cooked peppers, mozzarella, goat cheese, and remaining basil in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top and toss to coat.

Serves 4.

Print Recipe Text Only

7 Responses to “Balsamic Chicken Pasta with Fresh Cheese”

TheMoncurs — October 10, 2010 @ 5:31 pm

I made this last week and it was amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Janssen — October 15, 2010 @ 2:22 pm

I just made this last night and I am SO anxious to eat the leftovers for lunch today. YUM!

Natalie @ Perrys' Plate — October 15, 2010 @ 6:48 pm

I'm glad you both enjoyed it! I'm sure this recipe makes great leftovers, but we've never had any leftover to find out!

Kristi — December 4, 2010 @ 4:58 pm

Hi Natalie!

So um, dumb question…I am making my monthly menu entire from your blog (you had me at Autumn Spiced Popcorn… ; ) and I am noticing that I am going to need a lot of fresh herbs. Do you grow your own or where do you like to buy them?

I've really enjoyed your blog, thanks for the great recipes!

kristi.bassett@gmail.com

P.S. The other two comments on this post are from my dear friends, how fun!

Kristi — December 15, 2010 @ 9:36 pm

Hey Natalie! I made this last night and my husband said that if I make it again it can count as my entire Christmas gift to him. He loooooved it. So much! And so did I! Thanks for the awesome recipe!

Lacey in the City — August 30, 2011 @ 11:28 pm

DELICIOUS! I stumbled across your blog today and chose this recipe for tonight's dinner. I dashed out to the grocery to grab the couple of ingredients I didn't have in the kitchen and voila! Fabulous dinner! I've forwarded to my friends and sister for them to try as well. Thanks so much for sharing!

Natalie — August 31, 2011 @ 1:42 am

Lacey – Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it and thanks for passing it along. :)